Friday, January 8, 2010

Hey, It Snowed



So beautiful snow covered the ground while we slept last night. It brings a feeling of peace to me. I don't believe the people who say they hate snow. I think they dislike the inconvenience that the white stuff brings...the shoveling, clearing off the car, closing of schools and panicking at the grocery store. People fear being shut away in their houses perhaps. Prior to 1963 I think the streetcars probably kept things moving in Baltimore. They had the sweepers to clear the tracks and no salt was poured on our roads and consequently washed into the Chesapeake Bay. I will bet there were fewer school closings when students rode the the streetcar to school. It was fun to stand and wait in the snow. There was plenty of fluffy, white scenery to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment